Strangers in the Night
"Who the hell are you?!"
Benedick groans into his pillow. “Benedick—pleased to meet you and please go back to sleep.”
Benedick sighs and hauls himself up from the bed momentarily. Yup, that’s her. That…woman…he…married? “Pleased to meet you, I said. And you are…?”
The woman clutches the sheet to her chest, although she’s as half dressed as he is, with his jeans still on. “I-I’m Beatrice. Look - this is humiliating - do you remember last night?”
"Not really," Benedick admits and drags himself to sit up. If he weren’t so hungover, he might laugh at how Beatrice(?) eyes his chest without a hint of subtlety. For another time, though. "I remember Hero and Claudio’s party."
"Oh, that’s right," Beatrice massages her temple. "It was their engagement party—ugh! Why did it have to be Vegas of all places?"
"Yeah, I know," Benedick inspects the ring on his finger. He looks over at Beatrice, who is doing the same, at least until she catches him staring at her, at which point she pulls at her tank top straps. He smiles, "well, I coulda done worse."
"Excuse me?" Beatrice repeats from before.
"No!—I mean," Benedick offers a more nervous, apologetic, self-conscious grin, "you are absolutely beautiful."
Beatrice scoffs, “flattery, really? And not even the best flattery.”
"I mean it," Benedick scooches closer to her on the bed, making her bump into his side slightly. It makes him grin all the more. "I couldn’t have married a prettier girl in all of Vegas."
Beatrice blushes—not at the flattery! No, it’s just…when she bumped into him he totally flexed his arm, and…he’s really warm…and…she can see his chest hair really close up.
"So," Benedick begins in a softer tone. This is his wife, after all. "Do you wanna get some breakfast? Call it a wedding present."
Beatrice looks away, feeling her heart race in her chest, which is stupid. Just because his voice got all gentle and scratchy, it’s no reason for her to just…melt. “Fine, but consider the rest of the weekend your wedding present to me, too.”
"I’m takin’ a break," Emmett shouts behind him. His arms are tired, and that garage doesn’t smell very good.
The house is really nice, though, but he knows that’s partly because of the new step-sister moving in. She’s from England, with the accent and everything!
"Hey," Emmett murmurs to himself as he catches the scent of chocolate chip cookies. That is definitely not the doing of any of his friends. It could only ever be the doing of the sweet, kind, smart, beautiful: "Alicia."
The girl with bright ginger hair spins around, making her skirt flare out. “Oh, I beg your pardon, I didn’t know you would be in here!”
"I’m sorry, I-I-I shouldn’t be, I just," Emmett gestures weirdly, unsure of if he’s trying to say bathroom or kitchen or both at once. When she just offers a gentle smile he relaxes a little. "Did you bake those."
Alicia looks back towards the cooling confections, as if having forgotten they existed. “Oh, yes, well, I thought you might need a snack after all that drumming.”
"Wow, that’s really sweet," Emmett takes it as a sign he can come further into the kitchen. Alicia steps aside so he can take a cookie but he moves in the same direction. She offers an apologetic smile but he just reaches behind her. "I could smell them all the way from the garage."
Alicia hums, suddenly dry mouthed by the American boy’s proximity. She never fancied anyone back home, and now her first ‘crush’ happens to be the drummer of her step-brother’s band. And he’s standing right by her face, and she’s never thought about kissing a boy before, but…
"Thanks," Emmett says through half a bite of cookie. "These are really good."
"Thanks," Alicia blushes, which makes him grin wider, and then she blushes deeper (and it becomes a vicious cycle).
"Carver!—stop hitting on my step-sister and get back to practice!"
Emmett hardly pays the command any mind, rolling his eyes. Instead, he looks back to Alicia. “I wasn’t hitting on—at least I hope I wasn’t. Not that I wouldn’t! I mean…do you wanna…hang out, after the practice, I mean?”
"Does," Alicia fidgets, "hang out mean a date, here?"
"Yeah," Emmett smiles (she’s so cute and British!), "I mean a date."
"Okay," she giggles faintly.
"Cool," Emmett shrugs, "so long as you don’t mind I might be kinda sweaty from drum practicing and stuff."
Alicia feels herself blush all over again.
sore and sweaty forearms?!? Georgie, what are you doing to me!?
Fair trade for wet-shirt-courting Alec!!
'our friends put us on a blind date AU' for Cath and David thx -XX
Love is Blind
"Uh, hi," David smiles a little awkwardly. He doesn’t do this. He really doesn’t do this. "I’m David—it’s nice to meet you."
"Catherine," she shakes his hand, also smiling rigidly. "Billy’s told me a lot about you."
"John’s told me about you," David nods. Her hand is really soft, and he finds himself holding onto it much longer than he really should be.
Catherine clears her throat as David finally releases her hand. He nearly throws it away from him in compensation. “Shall we…get a table?”
"Yeah!" David shakes his head, caught up on the thought of how glow-y her hair is. "Please—allons-y!"
"Allons-y?" Catherine cracks a smile, accepting his arm as they meander into the restaurant. "Are you a fan of French?"
"Not particularly," David admits bashfully. "It’s, well…when I was young and i used to play Doctor Who, I always thought my Doctor catchphrase would be allons-y."
"No," Catherine grins.
"Yep," he pops the ‘p’ loudly.
"That’s," Catherine purses her lips, "quite adorable."
"You must have been adorable in school," David says lightly. He pulls her chair out for her before plunking down across from her. "Did you have the really tight ginger curls?"
"Yes," Catherine groans in remembrance of her school days.
"Oh, come on, I bet they were adorable," David leans forward onto his fists, fully enjoying himself now. "They’re so beautiful now."
Catherine blinks, flustered and finding herself blushing at the flattery.
David grins all the more, finally enjoying the idea of this blind date. He’ll have to thank John and Billy later. “Why don’t we get some food and then we can talk more about how cute you are.”
Oh my gosh! Georgie! This is so cute. Strawberry sundae date! Sarah and Alec are like my sweet iced tea on a hot day. They never go out of style and are just perfect. Nervous Alec is sexy. Is that weird?
All Alecs are sexy, even cute, nervous drummer Alec. (especially with his forearms sore and glistening and sweatbands on his wrists and his hair all shaggy…yeah)
and 'you’re the drummer for my brothers band and i find you really hot AU' for Sarah/Alec pretty please? thx -XX
"Hey," Sarah calls as she trots down the stairs in her stocking feet. "I brought you guys some drinks."
"Thanks, Sar," her brother nods indifferently as he snags a glass. His two guitarists are just as dismissive.
"Thank you, Sarah," the drummer says softer, making a point to smile.
Sarah lets out a humiliating giggle, clutching the glasses tray to her chest. He blinks at her and she feels her entire neck getting hot. “Y-You’re welcome, um, Alec.”
"Okay, thanks for the drinks, now get lost."
"Hey, you should be grateful for a thoughtful sister," Alec grunts in her defense.
Sarah nearly topples over in her sudden swoon.
"Uh, do you want some help washing these?" Alec asks as he blatantly pries Sarah’s brother’s glass right out of his hands.
Sarah’s smile hurts her cheeks, but the dark, basement rec-room is suddenly much brighter. “Okay, that would be great, thanks!”
"Aw, come on!—we’re practicing!"
"Well take a break!" Alec snarls back at them as he follows the younger girl up the stairs. She’s only, like, two years younger than him, but she’s always been nice and mature and not some ditz. Plus, she’s really cute.
"Thanks for helping, Alec," Sarah smiles with a slight shyness about her. She runs the water and accepts each glass from him, savoring the brief brush of their fingers.
"Y-Yeah, no problem," Alec blushes faintly himself. He knows her brother would absolutely kill him, but he’s always kinda liked Sarah, even when they met back when she first started high school. She’s just so pretty, and he’d really love to take her for a strawberry sundae some time (he remembers she loves them from her birthday party).
"Are you guys ready for the show?" Sarah asks in light conversation.
"Yeah, it should be good," Alec chuckles, now drying the glass for the eighth time around.
"I’d love to come," Sarah says quickly, but when Alec looks at her she looks back to the now-empty sink quickly. "But I imagine my brother would forbid me."
"Well," Alec sets the glass down, "you could come with me. Like a date—if you want, that…is."
"Y-Yeah, I’d love to!" Sarah practically squeaks and jumps up and down. He looks all nervous, even though he’s so hot, and a year ahead of her.
Sarah waits until the rapid feet down the stairs fade to properly jump around squealing.
- you’re the drummer for my brothers band and i find you really hot AU
- lost in a random small town and you show me around AU
- accidentally broke into your apartment because i was drunk AU
- i found your dog wondering the streets so i decided to come and return him AU
- i audition to model in your music video and we end up hitting it off AU
- we get seated next to each other on a delayed flight AU
- co-stars whose characters date each other on the show AU
- pretending to date bc reasons AU
- you’re a hot surfer and i’m an awkward person working at an ice cream stand on the beach AU
- accidentally found and read your diary AU
- i didn’t know you were my teacher AU
- woke up with amnesia AU
- you’re a devil and i’m an angel AU
- you’re a jock and i’m into theater AU
- secretly have to date so our parents don’t find out AU
- fame has gotten to your head so you were sent off to live with country relatives AU
- pretending to date you because someone was obnoxiously hitting on you AU
- i’m in a lame band and you’re the towns bad boy/girl AU
- modern day romeo and juliet AU
- we actually can’t stand each other but for some reason we talk everyday AU
- ended up meeting in prison and now we’re in love AU
- cross-country road trip gone wrong AU
- stuck in a horrible zombie apocalypse AU
- we fucked once and somehow keep bumping into each other AU
- has to share a cab because there’s a thunderstorm ahead (and then gets stuck in ridiculous NY/LA traffic) AU
- you’re a ghost and i’m a human and somehow we fall in love with each other AU
- met on a cruise ship AU
- get’s lost on an island together AU
- we went on a long road trip and got into a car crash and we’re the only two who survived AU
- gang member AU
- i’m pregnant but it’s not yours AU
- we go to the same coffee shop every evening to do homework but we never speak to each other until today AU
- end up getting married in vegas although we’re total strangers AU
- you apply to be my roommate AU
- greasers / socs AU
- we met in the summer and now i go to your school but you act like a typical jerk AU
- it’s the 50’s / 60’s and we’re in love but our love is forbidden because of law AU
- it’s the 50’s / 60’s and our love is so sweet it causes toothaches AU
- we work at the same 50’s diner AU
- i’m visiting your country for vacation and you show me around AU
- modern day beauty & the beast AU
- rich / poor AU
- zombie falls in love with a human AU
- hunger games AU
- we runaway together and now we’re hiding from our parents and the police with no food, money, or clothes AU
- alice in wonderland AU
- detention on a saturday afternoon AU
- nothing but a fragment of ones imagination AU (as in a coma & they imagine each other being real)
- we rob places together as a couple and get away with it AU
- all boys boarding school AU
- best friends when we were young and then you moved and now we meet again at college AU
- ouran host club AU
- arranged marriage AU
- we met at a really strict summer camp and ended up breaking all the rules together one by one AU
- asylum AU
- war AU
- we both have cancer and go to the same support group AU
- we decide to play a game of chicken together which leads to one thing or another AU
- we’re both in conservative relationships so we decide to sneak off and be each others friends with benefits AU
- we’re best friends and we take each others virginity’s AU
- we dated when we were younger and now we’re step siblings AU
- finds a death note and uses it to their advantage AU (based off of the anime)
- our friends put us on a blind date AU
- i’m only your friend because we smoke weed and get high together AU
1 2 3
Refuge From the Rain (Austen!Tatennant)
Of all her family members, Mr. Postram was the only one who agreed to accompany Sarah to London’s fine museums. Mrs. Postram was more inclined to attend the cafes and operas, and Nellie was usually too tired from her long nights to properly survey the various cultural scenes. Doe had found herself mostly in the company of the kindly Mr. Macoy, much to Sarah and Nellie’s inner joy and their mother’s concern.
Hello! Thank you very much for doing my requests but could you do an Nellie/Peter that is a little time after Leo's birth and Leo have just a couple of months and it's the first time that Nellie leave Leo with Peter and like, Peter doesn't fucking know how take care of a kid and she's a bit worried but when she comes home she sees Peter lying in the sofa with Leo lying on his chest and he's like, streaked with pens and tired and so she cover them with a blanket, kiss Peter cheek and goes sleep.
"Okay, Love," Nellie sways her boy in her arms back and forth. "Mummy will be back soon."
"Nell, we’ll be fine," Peter groans. This is probably the fifth time Nellie has got caught up in cuddling Leo on her way out the door. "You’re gonna be late for your thing."
"Oh," Nellie sighs at her baby. He’s so sweet, and he blinks his big eyes at her. "I just can’t leave him!"
"Babe," Peter steps forward and carefully pries his son from his woman’s arms. She allows it, although he can practically hear her instincts growling at him. He chuckles and leans over to kiss her cheek. "I’ll be fine with our Lion Heart, so you go have fun."
Nellie sighs, still too in love with her sweet boy to leave. “All right, I’ll be back in a few hours.”
"Go ahead, Princess," Peter chuckles and all but pushes the ginger out the door. Once alone, he looks down at the child in his arm. "It’s just you and me now, kid."
Leo blinks at his father, almost confused as to why his no longer in the arms of his sweet, soft mother.
"Aw, I’m not so bad, buddy," Peter walks them over to the couch, where he promptly sits himself down. "I know I’m not Mummy."
The baby smiles at ‘Mummy’, already completely knowing that’s the one with the soft skin and hair he can play with and she feeds him. This other one is…nice…sometimes, but he’s kind of scratchy.
"I miss her when she’s gone too, you know," Peter sighs. Why the hell is he still talking?—and to a baby at that? "Ain’t our Princess the best?"
"Ah!ssjudfbfffffpppt!" is Leo’s reply.
"Yeh, I hear ya," Peter chuckles and begins flicking through channels. The kid shifts, sprawling himself out on Peter’s chest. The Fright Knight chuckles, bouncing the baby a little. He is a cute kid, Peter’s gotta admit, although he’s so glad he looks more like Nell. "Your Mum’s the best, kiddo. She’s gorgeous, and sweet and soft and, y’know…she’s just great. But you’ll learn that more over time."
Leo yawns into Peter’s chest hair, and his father takes the cue to ease into sleep as well.
And that’s exactly how Nellie finds them hours later. Her sweet little baby on her (permanent) boyfriend’s chest. Peter’s hand is spread protectively over Leo’s little back as he snores. Nellie grabs the quilt from the back of the couch before snuggling into the batch herself.
"Hey, Babe," Peter grunts as he brings her into the mix properly by tugging her against his side. "How’s your day?"
"I missed my boys," Nellie purrs against him, although she still takes Leo into her lap to cradle him under her breasts.
"We missed you too," Peter kisses her forehead.
A Full Dance Card (Austen!Tatennant)
For all the dances that had filled Nellie’s evenings in the past two weeks, she had come to the regretful conclusion that there were no men in London who could adequately capture her attention. None of them were of a shifty nature, she was happy to deduce, and she knew many of them would be worthy of a deeper acquaintance. But none had managed to spark her interest in a way that she’d always envisioned.
If at first you don’t succeed, redefine success.